City & Guilds Domestic Electrician Training Programme -2382-15,2392-10,2393-10,6072-01,2397-30, Electrical Science & Practical Training
You can choose to study this course in the following ways:
2382-15,2392-10,2393-10,6072-01,2397-30, Electrical Science & Practical Training
Who is this course for?
GUIDED LEARNING HOURS AT THE CENTRE = 210
NVQ LEVEL 3 PERFORMANCE UNITS (2397-30) EXCLUDING OCU 304 = 6 TO 12 MONTHS MAXIMUM
Our City & Guilds Domestic Electrician Training Programme with provide you with an excellent grounding in electrical installation theory and practice. It has been designed to enable new entrants without any formal electrical knowledge or practical skills an approved path to meet the formal IET Minimum Technical Competency requirements under route one of the rules to satisfy the CPS (NICEIC, ELECSA, NAPIT,STROMA or Benchmark Certification) role of an Electrical Qualified Supervisor.
What's included in our Domestic Electrician Training Programme?
1. Electrical Science & Fundamentals Principles
2. Practical Training Workshop/Lab Works
3. City & Guilds 6072-01 Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment
4. City & Guilds 2392-10 Level 2 Inspection & Testing Course
5. City & Guilds 2393-10 Level 3 Building Regulations Part P
6. City & Guilds 2382-15 Level 3 17th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671:2008 (2015)
7. City & Guilds 2397-30 Level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings (Electrical Qualified Supervisors Domestic NVQ Level 3 for short!)*
To prepare candidates for entry into the domestic electrical installation field we have developed a range of practical training exercises and assessments to meet the industries needs which are designed to provide the essential skills and knowledge of installation practices within our fully equipped electrical training workshops. The following practical training exercises will be conducted and assessed by qualified assessors:-
1. IN(A) Identification of accessories
2. IN(B) Identification of cables (Visual)
3. IN(C) Identification of cables using a micrometer
4. IN(D) Cable terminations
5. IN(E) Connecting 13Amp Plug and a 100V BSEN60309-2 Industrial Plug
6. PP(A) One way switched lighting circuit via a junction box (PVC/PVC)
7. PP(B) Two way switched lighting circuit via a junction box (PVC/PVC)
8. PP(C) Two way and intermediate switched lighting circuit (PVC/PVC)
9. PP(D) Three lighting points with two 1 way switches 3 plate loop in wiring (PVC/PVC)
10. PP(E) Two way conversion of PP(C) 3 plate loop in wiring (PVC/PVC)
11. PP(F) 20 Amp radial power circuit (PVC/PVC)
12. PP(G) 30 Amp Ring Final Circuit (PVC/PVC)
13. SWA/SY (1) SWA & SY cable gland assembly
14. CT1 Conduit/Trunking Exercise
The programme will require candidates to sit both practical, online computer based assessments and written assignments throughout the training programme.
1. City & Guilds 2382-15 - online exam (open book).
2. City & Guilds 2392-10 - online exam (closed book) and practical assessment.
3. City & Guilds 2393-10 - online exam (open book).
4. City & Guilds 6072-01 - online exam (closed book).
5. Practical training exercise log book evidence and M/C paper (closed book) on Electrical Science.
6. 2397-30 - variety of both online and written assessments plus a 5 hour occupational competency unit on both initial verification and fault finding.
The course will include loan copies of :-
IET On Site Guide,
IET Guide to the Building Regulations
IET/CGLI Electrical text book
All candidates will receive free copies of both the NICEIC Learner Guide for both the City & Guilds 2382-15 (17th Edition) and Inspection & Testing Guides.
No prior experience or qualifications are required to embark on the Domestic Electrician Training Programme, however to fully complete the 2397-30 all candidates will need to complete the NVQ Site Based Log Book Units 301 to 308 excluding 304 which requires the ability to be assessed on site. Therefore a skills scan & informal interview is required to ensure this is realistic before the additional £500 NVQ fee is invoiced.
LEASE NOTE THAT A SKILLS SCAN & INFORMAL INTERVIEW WILL BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO REGISTRATION ON OUR DOMESTIC ELECTRICIAN TRAINING PROGRAMME TO ENSURE THAT EACH CANDIDATE CAN REALISTICALLY ACHIEVE THE APPLICATION LEARNING OUTCOMES VIA THE WORK BASED EVIDENCE (LOG BOOK UNITS 301 TO 308 EXCLUDING 304 WHICH IS CONDUCTED AT THE CENTRE).THIS REQUIRES THE CANDIDATE TO DEMONSTRATE HIS/HER PRACTICAL ABILITY IN THE WORKSPACE. AN ADDITIONAL £500 NVQ CENTRE FEE IS REQUIRED TO COVER THE COST OF SITE BASED ASSESSOR/VERIFIER VISITS AND SUPPORT TO ENABLE UNITS 301 TO 308 EXCLUDING 304 TO BE ASSESSED & INTERNALLY VERIFIED ETC
Alternatively, candidates wishing to pay the course fee in accordance with our standard terms and conditions will benefit from a 5% discount when paying by debit card/BACS. A manual invoice will be produced following a written request and payment made in full at least 2 months prior to the scheduled start date.
Unit 18 Avondale Business Centre, Woodland Way, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 1AW
Alan Wilson, Les Holmes & James Morris