City & Guilds Domestic Electrical Training Programme -2382-15,2392-10,2393-10,6072-01 + 7202 Electrical Science & Technology, Electrical Installation Wiring & Terminations Practical Training + Environmental & Sustainability Measures in Domestic Dwellings
You can choose to study this course in the following ways:
2382-15,2392-10,2393-10,6072-01,2397-30 & 7202-01 CUC 103,105 &107
Who is this course for?
Our City & Guilds Domestic Electrical Training Programme as been recently revised to reflect City & Guilds decision to retire the existing level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing & Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings (2397-30). This means that it's no longer possible for new entrants wishing to follow the 'Qualification Route' under the existing IET Minimum Technical Competency Requirements through "Route 1" of the framework document with City & Guilds. Therefore until such time as the IET review and publish any amended documentation, we are advising new entrants to consider our "Route 4" alternative which we believe reflects a wide and comprehensive range of learning outcomes required for any domestic electrician operating through a CPS under Approved Document P of the Building Regulations and BS7671. It has been designed to enable new entrants without any formal electrical knowledge or practical skills an appropriate path to meet the formal IET Minimum Technical Competency requirements under route four of the rules to satisfy the CPS (NICEIC, ELECSA, NAPIT,STROMA or Benchmark Certification) role of an Electrical Qualified Supervisor. Please note that each CPS operator will require their own assessment to assess the applicant practically on site against their own criteria (compliance with the latest edition of BS7671, Building Regulations & inspection & Testing Procedures etc) and as a independent and impartial City & Guilds approved centre we can't advise candidates on the individual merits of particular CPS operators etc.
What's included in our Domestic Electrician Training Programme?
1. City & Guilds Level 1 Award in the Health & Safety in a Construction Environment - 6072-51.
2. City & Guilds Level 1 CUC Unit 103 Environmental & Sustainability Measures in Domestic Dwellings 7202-01
3. City & Guilds Level 1 CUC Unit 105 Electrical Installation Wiring & Terminations Practical Training 7202-01
4. City & Guilds Level 1 CUC Unit 107 Electrical Science & Technology 7202-01
5. City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing & Initial Verification 2392-10
6. City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate 17th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671:2008 (2015) * This will be updated to the new 18th Edition Qualification as soon as CGLI release information! 2382-15
7. City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in the Building Regulations in Electrical Installations in Dwellings 2393-10
To prepare candidates for entry into the domestic electrical installation field we have developed a range of practical training exercises and assessments to meet the industries needs which are designed to provide the essential skills and knowledge of installation practices within our fully equipped electrical training workshops. The following practical training exercises will be conducted and assessed by qualified assessors:-
1. IN(A) Identification of accessories
2. IN(B) Identification of cables (Visual)
3. IN(C) Identification of cables using a micrometer
4. IN(D) Cable terminations
5. IN(E) Connecting 13Amp Plug and a 100V BSEN60309-2 Industrial Plug
6. PP(A) One way switched lighting circuit via a junction box (PVC/PVC)
7. PP(B) Two way switched lighting circuit via a junction box (PVC/PVC)
8. PP(C) Two way and intermediate switched lighting circuit (PVC/PVC)
9. PP(D) Three lighting points with two 1 way switches 3 plate loop in wiring (PVC/PVC)
10. PP(E) Two way conversion of PP(C) 3 plate loop in wiring (PVC/PVC)
11. PP(F) 20 Amp radial power circuit (PVC/PVC)
12. PP(G) 30 Amp Ring Final Circuit (PVC/PVC)
13. SWA/SY (1) SWA & SY cable gland assembly
14. CT1 Conduit/Trunking Exercise
The programme will require candidates to sit both practical, online computer based assessments and written assignments throughout the training programme.
1. City & Guilds 2382-15 - online exam (open book).
2. City & Guilds 2392-10 - online exam (closed book) and practical assessment 1:1 with an assessor.
3. City & Guilds 2393-10 - online exam (open book).
4. City & Guilds 6072-01 - online exam (closed book).
5. Practical training exercise log book evidence and M/C paper (closed book) on Electrical Science + candidate performance log books for units 103,105 & 107.
The course will include loan copies of :-
IET On Site Guide,
IET Guide to the Building Regulations
IET/CGLI Electrical text book
All candidates will receive free copies of both the NICEIC Learner Guide for both the City & Guilds 2382-15 (17th Edition) and Inspection & Testing Guides.
No formal entry requirements are needed as this programme has been designed to support candidates through level 1 to level 3 within Electrical Installation observing the recommended guided learning hours set by the awarding body.
Candidates can progress after completing this programme and related on site practical experience by considering higher level Inspection & Testing Qualifications, such as:-
Unit 18 Avondale Business Centre, Woodland Way, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 1AW
Alan Wilson, Les Holmes & James Morris