Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the WorkspaceThis course is not currently running; please check back soon
City & Guilds 4065-12 Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace
Who is this course for?
This single unit City & Guilds Qualification is aimed at new and existing employees needing initial or refresher training on Health & Safety in the workplace.
Under the statutory legislation of the 1974 Health & Safety at Work Act you are required whatever information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of your employees and any third parties which could be affected by your actions or inactions. The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 highlights areas where health and safety training is required initially for you employees entering the work environment along with situations where existing employees may need updating knowledge and skills due to new risks within the work environment or control measures have changed in risk assessment models etc for existing staff.
- In order to achieve the 4065-12 award candidates need to complete an externally set examination paper (201) which is closed book and subject to both internal and external verification. The paper consists of 20 questions with 1 hour in duration covering the unit knowledge, as follows:-
- Outcome 1 Understand roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace (6 questions 30%)
- Outcome 2 Understand how risk assessments contribute to health and safety (4 questions 20%)
- Outcome 3 Understand how to identify and control the risks the common workplace hazards (5 questions 25%)
- Outcome 4 Know the procedures for responding to accidents the incidents in the workplace (5 questions 25%)
Comprehensive learning materials will be provided as part of the course fee along with refreshments throughout.
The awarding body does not set any entry requirements for this qualification. However our centre will require you to be at least 18 years old and have the ability to study at QCF level 2 with respect to english, maths and IT skills etc.
Sector specific Health & Safety qualifications at higher levels. Please discuss progression with your tutor.
Unit 18 Avondale Business Centre, Woodland Way, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 1AW
Les Holmes, Alan Wilson & James Morris